Poop with Purpose Tax ID Policy
To participate in the Poop with Purpose stool donor program, you must be eligible to earn income in the United States and have a tax ID number (like a social security number). You will be required to complete a W-9 and you will receive a 1099 for your research participation. Stool donors are not Poop with Purpose employees. Poop with Purpose does not withhold any taxes from your earnings. Any income made over $600 in a calendar year as participation in the donor program at Poop with Purpose, is miscellaneous taxable income. International students studying in the United States on a student visa have successfully participated in the program. However, Poop with Purpose cannot provide any guidance on visa requirements or your eligibility to earn income in the United States. For questions related to this, you may want to seek counsel from your school’s international student advisory office or immigration attorney.